I intend to have the majority of my research completed by the last day of term- 16/12/16.
If there is any research I have completed, I will do so over the Christmas holiday.
My research can be divided into 3 sections:
- Research on the British Empire in Victorian Britain.
- Victorian literature concerned with imperialism and the empire.
-Post- colonialist theory.
I intend to have completed my research on the British Empire by the 14/11/16. My main sources have been the book Empire: The British Imperial from 1765 to the present by Denis Judd, [insert book], [insert book] as well as selected websites that provide more detail of the specific historical events that influenced my chosen texts.
I intend to have read all of the literature (literary criticism included) I intend to analyse by the 16/12/16. I have been working through them for the 5 or 6 weeks, in order to meet this deadline. I have set only estimated deadlines to read and select key sections to analyse of each text by, because the amount of time it will take me to read a text varies dependent on its length and the vocabulary used.
I initially decided to complete two sections of my research: on Victorian literature, and post-colonial criticism at the same time because I thought this would allow me to deeper understanding of both of these types of text. However, I have since decided to complete the majority of research on postcolonial criticism first (main resources being Edward Said's Orientialism and Peter Barry's Beginning Theory) so I can more easily pick out relevant areas for analysis when reading my non-fiction texts.
Furthermore, I intend to have completed all of my research on post- colonial criticism by the 28/11/16. I intend to have read my remaining non-fiction texts by the last day of term- 16/12/16,
I intend to start writing up my research in January. This means that I can use the Christmas holidays to finish reading any texts I have not been able to finish due to factors such as mock exams. Also in those two weeks I will ensure my analysis of the texts I intend to study are thorough and detailed. I will then plan and possibly begin drafting my essay.
No comments:
Post a Comment